Ahmedabad to Hyderabad and back

earthian
Tourist Level 2
Reactions:

Ahmedabad to Hyderabad and back

Post by earthian » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:48 pm

Hello guys:
Contemplating a trip down south. I have to go to Chennai to drop my mother, but have done the A'Bad-Chennai road trip quite a few times and want to do something different. So another hare-brained scheme coming up:
Broad plan (Just a plan):
-Drive to Hyderabad ( route? via Nasik or Aurangabad? (Not Mumbai-Pune though)
-Stay at Hyderabad for a couple of days
- Fly down to Chennai, drop my mother, attend to some chores and fly back to Hyderabad after 3-4 days
- My wife and i drive back to A'Bad (Route?)

Time, fortunately, is not a constraint.

Would welcome suggestions on route, stay and sights. it may be quite tiresome for my mother to go by road all the way to Chennai and we are bored doing that anyways and hence the 'hybrid' plan.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Its the journey, and not the destination, that counts.......

dpakananth
SMT Team
Reactions:

Re: Ahmedabad to Hyderabad and back

Post by dpakananth » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:16 pm

Another thought,

why not try the Ahmedabad , vadodra Nagpur route, and then from there to Hyderabad.
I will try to get the road conditions from Nagpur to hyd , but I remember it being pretty good. @royalenfielder any idea?

return , you could try the Aurangabad route. longer stretches , so you could look at taking breaks on the route, from Aurangabad to surat and then onwards to Ahmedabad.

the Nasik route is definitely the best roads, but like you said , can get a bit monotonous.

roadmatix
SMT Team
Reactions:

Post by roadmatix » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:59 pm

woof! Tagging @traveldiaries from Hyderabad to give up to date info on the roads near Hyderabad

earthian
Tourist Level 2
Reactions:

Post by earthian » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:51 pm

dpakananth wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:16 pm
why not try the Ahmedabad , vadodra Nagpur route, and then from there to Hyderabad.
I will try to get the road conditions from Nagpur to hyd , but I remember it being pretty good. @royalenfielder any idea?
roadmatix wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:59 pm
woof! Tagging @traveldiaries from Hyderabad to give up to date info on the roads near Hyderabad
Thank you, Deepak & roadmatix.
The proposal has been shot down on the grounds that it could be tiring for my mother- she has off late been complaining about her knee -and the doctor has advised against keeping the knee bent for a long period of time.
However, if i were to go ahead then my plan would be:
  • A'Bad-Surat-Nasik-Pune-Sholapur-Hyderabad
  • Hyderabad-Nizamabad-Aurangabad-Vadodara-Ahmedabad
This way we take the route which would be more comfortable wrt conveniences and food while going; and take the more deserted road while coming back.
I would try the Nagpur one as suggested by you, since it would give me an opportunity to go to the Wildlife parks nearby there.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Its the journey, and not the destination, that counts.......

royalenfielder
SMT Team
Reactions:

Post by royalenfielder » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:08 pm

hey @earthian , just got update on the Nagpur to Hyderabad road conditions

From nagpur to hinganghat is smooth 4 lane highway... From hinganghat to pandarkawada 100 kms stretch is full of potholes & diversions then again from pandarkawda to hyd is smooth 4 lane highway... Try to avoid night ride in that 100 kms bad stretch.

traveldiaries
Scout
Reactions:

Post by traveldiaries » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:08 pm

Solapur to Hyderabad is not that great a route. It is in a bad shape.
Nagpur is any day a good stretch to Hyderabad.

Below would be my recommendation with the current road conditions:
Ahmedabad - Pune (Four lane Road): New roads which might take about 8 hours.
Pune - Solapur - Akkalkot: Average with few bad stretches
Akkalkot - Kalburgi: Average with bad stretches near Akkalkot
Kalburgi - Sedam: Excellent condition two lane road
Sedam - Parigi: Mix of two lane toll road in a decent above average condition
Parigi - Hyderabad: Average Road

Current best route to Hyderabad is Hyderabad - Pune - Mumbai - Ahmedabad with a strict no to the route via Zaheerabad (Telangana)
You can also alternatively, look at Aurangabad - Nanded Route which is currently in very good condition. and the route as follows: Ahmedabad - Surat - Dhule - Kannad - Aurangabad - Nanded - Nizamabad - Hyderabad which will help you save a lot of time avioiding the Mumbai, Thane and Pune traffic.

I could also see a Chennai query: There is a new route / Highway that is serving people travelling this stretch:
Hyderabad - Suryapet - NAM Expressway (Right until Renigunta and beyond) - Chennai (you may find a few diversions as this expressway is being constructed but by far is a very good route to take for Chennai

Cheers,
Srikanth going #AageSeRight

https://traveldiaries.vacations
Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/traveldairieshy

dpakananth
SMT Team
Reactions:

Post by dpakananth » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:06 am

@traveldiaries that is news, thanks a ton, will keep the new hyderabad chennai route in mind.
We will be planning a chennai hyderabad drive soon and this seems interesting.

deepak