Hello Trippers

New here? Introduce yourself in as many words as possible!
vikrant_1261044
Scout

Hello Trippers

Post by vikrant_1261044 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:52 am

Hi
I am Vikrant Bishht from Dehradun, Uttarakhand.

I enjoy traveling, and have traveled the length and breadth of India. But still I can see that there is a lot to explore and learn about our country.

Do get in touch for any assistance in Uttarakhand.

Thanks

Regards
Vikrant Bishht

yayawar
SMT Team

Re: Hello Trippers

Post by yayawar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:30 pm

Devbhoomi! Good to see you here Vikrant @vikrant_1261044 ,

I have covered Garhwal and Jaunsar Bawar extensively and a bit of Kumaon inn Uttarakhand.. however, the upper reaches of Kumaon is what I still have to cover. Hopefully will be able to cover it someday and then your experience would be very useful for me. :)

earthian
Tourist Level 2

Post by earthian » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:58 pm

Welcome, Vikrant. Fantastic name, BTW. Our first aircraft carrier. It had made us so proud. Bajaj has used the metal in their new bikes. Sort of patriotic and makes good commercial sense too.

see: https://www.bajajauto.com/v/vikrant/
vikrant_1261044 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:52 am
But still I can see that there is a lot to explore and learn about our country.
You can say that again. There is so much to see, explore, experience, feel. And going by road is the best way to do it.
Do get in touch for any assistance in Uttarakhand.
You bet. UK is my favourite state.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Its the journey, and not the destination, that counts.......

yayawar
SMT Team

Post by yayawar » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:07 pm

Hi @earthian ,

The link you posted is the link to a page where a video is embedded and not a specially designed video sharing site. The functionality that you have asked for, is already implemented for all major video sharing sites like youtube, video etc. Give it a try. In fact @traveldiaries has been using the facility to post his vlogs beautifully. :)

earthian
Tourist Level 2

Post by earthian » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:16 pm

yayawar wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:07 pm
The link you posted is the link to a page where a video is embedded and not a specially designed video sharing site.
Yes, i realised it after i had posted it. Sorry for the bother.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

traveldiaries
Scout

Post by traveldiaries » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:40 pm

yayawar wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:07 pm
Hi @earthian ,

The link you posted is the link to a page where a video is embedded and not a specially designed video sharing site. The functionality that you have asked for, is already implemented for all major video sharing sites like youtube, video etc. Give it a try. In fact @traveldiaries has been using the facility to post his vlogs beautifully. :)
Thanks @scoutmytrip n @yayawar, on a road trip to Nagarjuna Sagar dam now
Cheers,
Srikanth going #AageSeRight

https://traveldiaries.vacations
Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/traveldairieshy

earthian
Tourist Level 2

Post by earthian » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:48 pm

traveldiaries wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:40 pm
..., on a road trip to Nagarjuna Sagar dam now
If you have time go on the forest road between Nagarjuna dam and Srisailam. It is beautiful. I think you cannot travel after 2100 hrs, if i am not mistaken. The Shiva mandir in Srisailam is an very old one and it is folklore that Ram prayed to Lord Shiva here at Srisailam before proceeding to Lanka. We stayed at the FRH for night at Srisailam and went to the forest at dawn. Awesome.