How is the road from Chennai to Palakkad?

Find the latest road conditions across India. Any update made here is verified by Scouts and then added to the Road Trip Planning Engine.
sathish.krishnan
Reactions:

How is the road from Chennai to Palakkad?

Post by sathish.krishnan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:25 pm

Please update on the latest road conditions from Chennai. Plan to go to Palakkad with friends on his Honda City which has a low ground clearance. I can take my Verna which is slightly better but he is keen to drive his own car for this one.

Please also advise on things I can do near and around Palakkad.

dpakananth
SMT Team
Reactions:

Re: How is the road from Chennai to Palakkad?

Post by dpakananth » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:58 am

HI sathish,

the roads from Chennai to Palakkad is a beautiful one. boring, but the conditions are excellent. most of the way you have 4 lane highways. exiting the Chennai city via poonamallee is probably a pain but otherwise all good. The other Bottleneck was the walayar checkpost near Palakkad, but that is now solved due to the GST implementation.
Ground clearance is not going to be an issue in this route. most of the roads are metalled and you will only find potholes near cities.
Palakkad has a few places to go, open fields near the pollachi belt for farmland, waterfalls of Dhoni , Malampuzha dam, the heritage villages of Kalpathy, a Fort in the center of the town, the temples and the elephant farms of Thrissur and guruvayur. Coimbatore isn't too far off, and that is the gateway to Ooty. Just do a search on the discover places on ScoutMyTrip to get the best results.
you can check out a sample here - https://scoutmytrip.com/trip/plan/selec ... n,heritage

happy scouting
deepak