Road from Kochi to Pune

Find the latest road conditions across India. Any update made here is verified by Scouts and then added to the Road Trip Planning Engine.
vishaka.menon
Tourist Level 1
Reactions:

Road from Kochi to Pune

Post by vishaka.menon » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:47 pm

I am planning a road trip from Kochi with my parents who are old (both are above 60 years of age) to Pune. This is a situation straight out of a movie because they are insisting that we go by road. I am advising them to just take a flight and go but they are not listening. They don't have any health issues but if I am doing this road trip, I would want to ensure that I plan each and every part of it.

Please update on the road conditions from here to Pune, if I am doing this. I see a high possibility.

yayawar
SMT Team
Reactions:

Re: Road from Kochi to Pune

Post by yayawar » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:02 pm

Hi @vishakha,

It would be good if you can tell us about yourselves in the Introductions section.

As for the road conditions, will request @dpakananth to update as he has recently done a trip on the same route.

vishaka.menon
Tourist Level 1
Reactions:

Post by vishaka.menon » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:06 pm

sorry yaywar. Doing it rite away.. ill wait for dkapananth to respond
yayawar wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:02 pm
Hi @vishakha,

It would be good if you can tell us about yourselves in the Introductions section.

As for the road conditions, will request @dpakananth to update as he has recently done a trip on the same route.

dpakananth
SMT Team
Reactions:

Post by dpakananth » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:20 pm

Hi Visahaka,

Welcome to the forum. As far as the road from Kochi to Pune goes, I couldn't choose a better start and end point for elderly people to travel on.

Your tentative stops would be kochi - Bangalore . this is the longest stretch that you would do. the roads in kerala are mainly single lane but the moment you pass Palakkad you will get the 4 lane highways which are a pleasure to drive through. plenty of places to eat and stop and fuel stations also.
Leave early to avoid traffic and you should make good time.
the next day you should aim for Hubli in Karnataka. this is around 450 kms and the roads are excellent. again, the only issue would be the traffic in Bangalore and there fore an early exit or place to stay on the highway is preferable. the roads are brilliant. 4 lane and you should have no issues finding places to stop and eat.
from hubli its a straight run to pune. another 400 odd kms almost all the way 4 laned and hassle free.
Try planning this on the platform and you should get all the details you need.
Also, for staying, please try calling this number that is dedicated for ScoutMyTrip Users from OYO rooms. they will be able to search and find out stays that are safe for women and elderly people with parking .. just give your requirement and rohit from the OYO team should be able to help. You should also get rates that are cheaper than what they give others.
Rohit Kumar - OYO rooms
+917507430396
do ping back in case of any further doubts and I would be happy to help. I look forward to hearing how your road trip went!

happy scouting
Deepak

earthian
Tourist Level 2
Reactions:

Post by earthian » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:23 pm

vishaka.menon wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:47 pm
I am planning a road trip from Kochi with my parents who are old (both are above 60 years of age) to Pune. This is a situation straight out of a movie because they are insisting that we go by road.....
Hello Vishaka:
Welcome to the forum. take my tip and plan that road trip with your parents. I can't think of a better way to bond with your near and dear than when on a road trip. Remember...Its the journey, and not necessarily the destination, that really matters.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Its the journey, and not the destination, that counts.......

vishaka.menon
Tourist Level 1
Reactions:

Post by vishaka.menon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:04 pm

Thanks so much guys and especially @dpakananth ! Rohit from OYO was kind enough to accommodate the numerous queries we had on the rooms and we got a decent rate as well. The itinierary you mentioned worked out well and folks were loving every bit of it. In fact this road trip has inspired me to start my own blog too!

And thanks for the inspiring words @earthian :) Happy to e-meet you