13th birthday and Mysore is on our mind!

rashmi_822416
Reactions:

13th birthday and Mysore is on our mind!

Post by rashmi_822416 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:54 pm

Hola! Rashmi here. My not so little boy is going to be a teenager soon and what better way to celebrate the road tripper in him than well - being on the road:). We are planning for a road trip from Bangalore to Mysore.

Need to figure out how to utilise the limited time we have from Jan 25th to Jan 28th, where we fly to bangalore from mumbai on 25th and fly back in on 28th.

Will it be too hectic or tiring to drive down to Mysore the same day that we land in bangalore? Oh we have a 5 year old too in our entourage! If yes then where should we stay in Bangalore and what should we definitely see there.

Are Zoom cars a good option? Where should we stay in Mysore? What are the must see places there? Should warm clothes be carried? Any other things we need to know before hitting the road?

Oh yes one last thing - How much should we budget for this road trip?

Look forward to hearing from you guys!

dpakananth
SMT Team
Reactions:

Re: 13th birthday and Mysore is on our mind!

Post by dpakananth » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:20 pm

Hi rashmi,
all depends upon when you will be landing in bangalore. THe traffic entering and exiting bangalore is the major issue and not the distance to mysore. If you are landing around 10;30 - 11 and keeping in mind an hour to process and pick up your rental, you can expect to reach mysore by 6. I would suggest , landing in the evening and picking up the car in the late evening so that you can exit early the next day.
Let me quickly talk to a scout and get him to put together a package for you for mysore, from bangalore. this will include the car and the hotels in mysore. i will get him to also check the budgets and things to do in mysore . I recommend the zoo for sure, the kids will love it. The palace is also great, though the walk through the palace can get a bit monotonous for the kids.
Wish the boy a very happy birthday from all of us !!

yayawar
SMT Team
Reactions:

Post by yayawar » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:35 pm

What a way to celebrate life events! Kudos!!

arjun_683505
SMT Team
Reactions:

Post by arjun_683505 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:12 pm

rashmi_822416 wrote:Hola! Rashmi here. My not so little boy is going to be a teenager soon and what better way to celebrate the road tripper in him than well - being on the road:). We are planning for a road trip from Bangalore to Mysore.

Need to figure out how to utilise the limited time we have from Jan 25th to Jan 28th, where we fly to bangalore from mumbai on 25th and fly back in on 28th.

Will it be too hectic or tiring to drive down to Mysore the same day that we land in bangalore? Oh we have a 5 year old too in our entourage! If yes then where should we stay in Bangalore and what should we definitely see there.

Are Zoom cars a good option? Where should we stay in Mysore? What are the must see places there? Should warm clothes be carried? Any other things we need to know before hitting the road?

Oh yes one last thing - How much should we budget for this road trip?

Look forward to hearing from you guys!
Bangalore to Mysore is generally a 4 hr drive depending on the number of stops. But on long weekends it becomes a real pain. Add another hour or more to your travel. If you end up leaving on the 26th I'd suggest leaving Bangalore by 6 or max 6:30 am. The more you delay the more you'll be on the road sitting in slow moving traffic which is no fun.

For things to do, the Mysore zoo is a good option for the day. The kids should have fun. And visit the Mysore palace at night. It looks awesome with lights. Then there's the St. Philomena's Church. Also other temples that you can visit. And you can try your luck by visiting the Krishnaraja Sagar Dam on the way to Mysore. If the water gates are open it is a cool experience.

Hope you have an enjoyable road trip.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

rashmi_822416
Reactions:

Post by rashmi_822416 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:31 pm

Thanks Arjun! Useful suggestions there. Will keep you guys posted on how this goes:)

royalenfielder
SMT Team
Reactions:

Post by royalenfielder » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:38 pm

Hey @rashmi_822416

Quick update: We're working on the trip plan and should be able to send all the details you need for the appropriate bookings tomorrow! :)

Happy travels!