Bangalore to Kabini

arjun_683505
SMT Team
Reactions:

Bangalore to Kabini

Post by arjun_683505 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:18 pm

So planning a 2-3 day trip to Kabini in January. Will probably be visiting Nagarhole National Park one day. What are the other things to do over there? Any suggestions?

yayawar
SMT Team
Reactions:

Re: Bangalore to Kabini

Post by yayawar » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:13 pm

@dpakananth @vishnu17 : Any idea? All I know is Kabini is somewhere in Kerala. Haven't been to that part of the world yet. :(

dpakananth
SMT Team
Reactions:

Post by dpakananth » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:09 pm

arjun_683505 wrote:So planning a 2-3 day trip to Kabini in January. Will probably be visiting Nagarhole National Park one day. What are the other things to do over there? Any suggestions?
2-3 days are enough for kabini alone. Wildlife safaris 1 in the morning and another in the evening. A boat ride in the lake to see wildlife there. A visit to the elephant orphanage where you get to play with the elephants. Then just chilling in the cool climate. Birdwatching is also fun. Keep a look out for leopards. Sightings are rare but it's there.

www.ScoutMyTrip.com . Sent from my Samsung note8 using Tapatalk

arjun_683505
SMT Team
Reactions:

Post by arjun_683505 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:24 pm

dpakananth wrote:
arjun_683505 wrote:So planning a 2-3 day trip to Kabini in January. Will probably be visiting Nagarhole National Park one day. What are the other things to do over there? Any suggestions?
2-3 days are enough for kabini alone. Wildlife safaris 1 in the morning and another in the evening. A boat ride in the lake to see wildlife there. A visit to the elephant orphanage where you get to play with the elephants. Then just chilling in the cool climate. Birdwatching is also fun. Keep a look out for leopards. Sightings are rare but it's there.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

aparajita1
SMT Team
Reactions:

Post by aparajita1 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:50 am

Try staying at Red Earth in Kabini. Almost everyone I know who's gone to Kabini has stayed there and posted the most amazing pics on Instagram! The Kabini River Lodge is the govt owned one and comparatively cheaper.
Also take a ride in the round boats on the Kabini river. I think they are called coracles. They are quite wobbly though. My cousin had almost tipped one over. :?

By the way, the Bandipur National Reserve is roughly a 2 hour drive from Kabini. Almost the same, if not less, as Nagarhole. So you could actually check that out as well when you are in the region. :)

Road Trips are truly hassle free when you go #AageSeRight :) :)
Curated Road Trips | DIY Road Trips | Travel Blog | Community | Sign Up

arjun_683505
SMT Team
Reactions:

Post by arjun_683505 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:49 am

aparajita1 wrote:Try staying at Red Earth in Kabini. Almost everyone I know who's gone to Kabini has stayed there and posted the most amazing pics on Instagram! The Kabini River Lodge is the govt owned one and comparatively cheaper.
Also take a ride in the round boats on the Kabini river. I think they are called coracles. They are quite wobbly though. My cousin had almost tipped one over. :?

By the way, the Bandipur National Reserve is roughly a 2 hour drive from Kabini. Almost the same, if not less, as Nagarhole. So you could actually check that out as well when you are in the region. :)
Thanks. Will look at both the stay options. Might give the Bandipur Forest a miss this time. Have a plan to visit that place and stay in the forest cottage overnight and go on a safari early morning.

The coracle boat ride sounds interesting. Will surely try and go on one.

dpakananth
SMT Team
Reactions:

Post by dpakananth » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:49 pm

arjun_683505 wrote:
aparajita1 wrote:Try staying at Red Earth in Kabini. Almost everyone I know who's gone to Kabini has stayed there and posted the most amazing pics on Instagram! The Kabini River Lodge is the govt owned one and comparatively cheaper.

Thanks. Will look at both the stay options. Might give the Bandipur Forest a miss this time. Have a plan to visit that place and stay in the forest cottage overnight and go on a safari early morning.

And on the #greatindianfoodtrip we saw this in bandipur!!Image

arjun_683505
SMT Team
Reactions:

Post by arjun_683505 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:12 pm

dpakananth wrote:
arjun_683505 wrote:

And on the #greatindianfoodtrip we saw this in bandipur!!Image

Nice. You are lucky. Have been on the Bandipur route a few times. All I have been able to spot are elephant droppings and a couple of deers far away. Hope I get see wild life in Kabini.