Help Planning Karnataka Road Trip.

Screamingpiston
Reactions:

Help Planning Karnataka Road Trip.

Post by Screamingpiston » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:59 pm

Hi fellow travelers,

I'm planning a Karnataka road trip, and would love to get some recommendations (destination, must try food, offbeat stop overs et all) from the group.

I will be starting my drive from Chennai, I'm not time bound have a month minimum.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Cheers and happy travels,

Ram

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

yayawar
SMT Team
Reactions:

Re: Help Planning Karnataka Road Trip.

Post by yayawar » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:48 am

I hope you have seen this and read the link too:

pro_roadtrip
Scout
Reactions:

Post by pro_roadtrip » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:08 pm

HI rOAD TRIP TO kARNATAKA has loads to places to explore ...
Some of my fav places
1. Hoysalweshwara temple at Halebiddu ( Superb Hindu temples.. My ALL TIME FAV. PLACE)
2.Abbey and Iruppu Falls Approx 150 Km from Mangalore
3.Coorg
4. River Kabini ( Most picturesque place close to mysore
5. Bandipur National Park
6.Mangalore
7. "Ideal Ice cream Parlour" (One of the Best Ice Creams And designer Ice creams Available IN most Places In Mangalore and No where On Earth. Do Try GADBAD Ice cream, Chocolate DAD, And PARFAIT, and lots more. If u are an Ice cream lover then u need at least 3 days just to taste all the flavours they got.)
8.Malpe Beach and St mary Island at Mangalore (pristine beach and st mary is an island at Malpe created by an volcanic eruption)
9. Gokarna Beach (Splendid)
10 Dandeli Forest ( Great Getaway )

I can make a list that can make u travel for a Month There.. But these are nice and must visit places.

theangrysaint
Scout
Reactions:

Post by theangrysaint » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:53 pm

pro_roadtrip wrote:HI rOAD TRIP TO kARNATAKA has loads to places to explore ...
Some of my fav places
1. Hoysalweshwara temple at Halebiddu ( Superb Hindu temples.. My ALL TIME FAV. PLACE)
2.Abbey and Iruppu Falls Approx 150 Km from Mangalore
3.Coorg
4. River Kabini ( Most picturesque place close to mysore
5. Bandipur National Park
6.Mangalore
7. "Ideal Ice cream Parlour" (One of the Best Ice Creams And designer Ice creams Available IN most Places In Mangalore and No where On Earth. Do Try GADBAD Ice cream, Chocolate DAD, And PARFAIT, and lots more. If u are an Ice cream lover then u need at least 3 days just to taste all the flavours they got.)
8.Malpe Beach and St mary Island at Mangalore (pristine beach and st mary is an island at Malpe created by an volcanic eruption)
9. Gokarna Beach (Splendid)
10 Dandeli Forest ( Great Getaway )

I can make a list that can make u travel for a Month There.. But these are nice and must visit places.
There's just so much to explore in Karnataka, it is difficult to decide where to begin.

There's the entire coast line, starting from Karwar down to Gokarna and beyond. Beaches that are accessible only by trekking up a hill or through dense trees all around. Nirvana, Kudle, Om Beach all the way till Murdeshwar, being some of the more famous ones.

Wildlife sanctuaries & National Parks too are another exploration option, eg. agumbe, sharavati, chickmaglur, Bandipur, kabini, etc.

a food + ghats trips are a third option that come to mind.

Good luck with the plans.

Cheers,
Tan :)

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

pro_roadtrip
Scout
Reactions:

Post by pro_roadtrip » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:53 pm

If you love sea food .. then Mangalore is the place .. to go .. and for the winding Drive .. Karnataka is a drivers paradise with good winding roads that are upto 250 to 350 kilometer going up the hill and down the Western Ghats ...
And if u r a really EXPERIENCED driver then Try driving at night (Just one or two nights in your Month long expedition) .... it would be the drive of your lifetime ...Western Ghats has some of the best winding roads ...The roads are well marked with White Lines.. Turn Signage at every turn of GHATS..that glow when the beam of the lights fall on it. and fewer vehicles on the road makes it more Adventures.. ALL u need to ensure that the car is healthy.

My Fav.
Hassan to Coorg to Shringeri approx 300 km of winding and double winding roads

pro_roadtrip
Scout
Reactions:

Post by pro_roadtrip » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:02 pm

:D On this route when you drive from South of karnataka and cross Gokarna and head towards Karwar there is one Beach by the name of MARVANTE the best part is the road goes by the sea for atleast 25 km .. i just cant explain the beauty u can stop your car any where and go on the beach .. as it has nice clean shoreline with white sand and sea is green . just be sure that u pass that road during day time ... ANDHERE ME KUCH NAHI DIKHEGA sirf head light :lol: :lol:

sathish.krishnan
Reactions:

Post by sathish.krishnan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:03 pm

Exploring Karnataka is part of my 'To Visit' list. It has something for everyone. Beaches, ghats, temples, wildlife sanctuaries, heritage sites and more. Will be following this thread.