How can I plan a 4 day trip via car to Bangalore, Madurai, Rameshwaram, Kanyakumari, and back to Bangalore?

vilaksh89
Reactions:

How can I plan a 4 day trip via car to Bangalore, Madurai, Rameshwaram, Kanyakumari, and back to Bangalore?

Post by vilaksh89 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:53 pm

HI all ,

Please suggest what will be the best approach to go to Rameshwaram and kanyakumari . Should we skip one night at Madurai ?
I am going via Car with my family and i am only going to drive the car .

Total trip kms - 1700 Kms .

dpakananth
SMT Team
Reactions:

Re: How can I plan a 4 day trip via car to Bangalore, Madurai, Rameshwaram, Kanyakumari, and back to Bangalore?

Post by dpakananth » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi Vilaksh,

From Bangalore to rameshwaram is a 10 hour drive at least , while its possible, it would be a good thing to brak at madurai. From the places you are travelling to, i would think you like architecture and religious places and madurai ranks highly on both.

You can actually catch the temple and breakfast in the morning and leave for rameshwaram. This is a 3 hour journey.
Rameshwaram to kanyakumari is another 5 hour journey.
the return also goes through madurai, which is the shortest and fastest route. The other option is to go to kodaikanal , a 6 hour journey from kanyakumari and then a 8 hour journey from kodai to bangalore.

vilaksh89
Reactions:

Re: How can I plan a 4 day trip via car to Bangalore, Madurai, Rameshwaram, Kanyakumari, and back to Bangalore?

Post by vilaksh89 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:05 pm

dpakananth wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:49 pm
Hi Vilaksh,

From Bangalore to rameshwaram is a 10 hour drive at least , while its possible, it would be a good thing to brak at madurai. From the places you are travelling to, i would think you like architecture and religious places and madurai ranks highly on both.

You can actually catch the temple and breakfast in the morning and leave for rameshwaram. This is a 3 hour journey.
Rameshwaram to kanyakumari is another 5 hour journey.
the return also goes through madurai, which is the shortest and fastest route. The other option is to go to kodaikanal , a 6 hour journey from kanyakumari and then a 8 hour journey from kodai to bangalore.
Thanks Dpakananth ,

We are planning to leave bangalore by 6 am to Rameshwaram (700 km) directly , will reach by 3 pm max then we plan to stay there till next day 10 am then we will plan to go to kanyakumari and reach by 02:00 pm max. we will checkin to hotel and enjoy sunset , watch places and enjoy the night.

For next two days i have two plans .

1st plan is to leave kanyakumari by 11 am on next day and reach Madurai by 04 pm , checkin to hotel and then go to temples , market and come back . Next day go to other places and leave for bangalore by 12 pm .

2nd plan is to stay there in Kanyakumari for another day for more relaxation and leave kanyakumari next day by 09 am. we can take a small break in Madurai for food and then leave for bangalore .

Note: -We have to reach bangalore on 4th day by 10:00 Pm Max .

What would you think is better plan ? Any suggestions

We just want to go to kanyakumari and rameshwaram to see the beauty , beaches and Road Trip to enjoy scenic beauty .
Yes Rameshwaram is always on my list because of Jyotrilinga but except this we are not much religious but dont want to go to Hills (munnar, Kodaikanal ) Every Time we only go to hills like we have been to bandipur-ooty , Coorg . This time we want something different .
Hence we have decided this route .

Thanks
Vilaksh

rohit.joshi
Tourist Level 1
Reactions:

Post by rohit.joshi » Fri May 25, 2018 10:16 am

Hello All,

I am also going to Kanyakumari only on 14th June night in my car with my wife. I plan to start on 14th June night so I reach on 15th. Stay on 15,16 June and leave on 17th June early so I am in Bangalore by that day night.

HOwz the road, any idea?

vasanth.b.shetty
Reactions:

Post by vasanth.b.shetty » Fri May 25, 2018 1:17 pm

Hey @rohit.joshi

You won't have issues with the roads here surely. Just be aware of the wrong side driving trucks on most highways! Tirunelveli, Madurai, trichy and Bangalore all have good roads and Tamil nadu roads are even better (they use the best raw material apparently!) Small stretches of 2 lanes on the Tirunelveli belt. Else all good. You will get heavy truck traffic from namakkal side. Other than that. Pretty awesome roads

But 4 days would be touch and go road trip. I would ask you to stop over at Madurai and then proceed and keep 5 days minimum for this trip please!

Hope this helps!

VBS