Want to explore coastal Karnataka

sameer.arora
Reactions:

Want to explore coastal Karnataka

Post by sameer.arora » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:06 pm

Hey guys

I am planning to take a week off from work, to explore coastal karnataka. I have three places in mind - Mangalore, Udupi and Gokarna. The 7 days that I have will be including the time I have on the road. Can some one from scoutmytrip help me with a plan for this? It will greatly help. I am traveling with my 5 year old daughter and this will be her first long trip in the car. I drive a Ford Figo Diesel 2012 model.

Sameer

dpakananth
SMT Team
Reactions:

Re: Want to explore coastal Karnataka

Post by dpakananth » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi Sameer,
Can you please let us know where you will be starting the journey from? The coastal Belt is excellent ! the views are superb. The roads are mostly single lane, but a pleasure to drive on.
Do provide us the details and I can help you plan this. By the way, I also drive a ford figo diesel and have done this belt in the car. you should have no problems in the capability of the car.

regards
deepak

sathyabhat
Reactions:

Post by sathyabhat » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:54 pm

sameer.arora wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:06 pm
Hey guys

I am planning to take a week off from work, to explore coastal karnataka. I have three places in mind - Mangalore, Udupi and Gokarna. The 7 days that I have will be including the time I have on the road. Can some one from scoutmytrip help me with a plan for this? It will greatly help. I am traveling with my 5 year old daughter and this will be her first long trip in the car. I drive a Ford Figo Diesel 2012 model.

Sameer
I did a 1800km roadtrip starting from Bangalore covering Mangalore, Udupi, Malpe, Jog Falls, Kavimane, Goa and back via Hubli/Mundgod. Wrote about it here:

https://sathyabh.at/2016/08/02/the-1800 ... mangalore/

dpakananth
SMT Team
Reactions:

Post by dpakananth » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:25 pm

lovely write up and lovelier pics! do try to recreate this road trip on ScoutMyTrip so that others can get inspired to do something similar!

sathyabhat
Reactions:

Post by sathyabhat » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:57 pm

dpakananth wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:25 pm
lovely write up and lovelier pics! do try to recreate this road trip on ScoutMyTrip so that others can get inspired to do something similar!
thanks. will try and post back here once I do so

anicka
Reactions:

Post by anicka » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:01 pm

sameer.arora wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:06 pm
Hey guys

Sameer
Hi Sameer, you have likely got suggestions on this already and maybe even finished the trip. But in case this helps, recreating an itinerary I covered by road a few years ago (from Bangalore) with a group:

- Bangalore to Sagara to visit Jog falls.
- Sagara to Gokarna
- Stay at Gokarna Inspection Bungalow, visit the ancient temple and the beach
- Proceed to Udupi by Highway 66. You could stop at Murudeshwar to visit the Shiva statue and temple
- On the way, you could eat excellent homestyle seafood in Kundapura (as such all along this coast but we went to unassuming mess-like eateries in Kundapura that were amazing. They close in the afternoon so please keep a tab of time)
- You could choose to stay at this lovely place called Turtle Bay resort in Kundapura. Your daughter can have a good time since other families stay there. And you can actually see turtles on the beach, dolphins in the water and things like sea urchins if you take the boat ride to this island close by)
- Our group spent a night on the Kapu beach where there is a lighthouse. But of course you could find suitable accommodation in Udupi and visit the many wonderful beaches on this coast as suitable
- Have breakfast as Diana in Udupi...it's a popular old hotel.
- We headed back to Bangalore from there. This trip took us 4 days.

Hope the inputs help.

dpakananth
SMT Team
Reactions:

Post by dpakananth » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:07 pm

Hey guys

Sameer

Hi Sameer, you have likely got suggestions on this already and maybe even finished the trip. But in case this helps, recreating an itinerary I covered by road a few years ago (from Bangalore) with a group:
anicka wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:01 pm
- Bangalore to Sagara to visit Jog falls.
- Sagara to Gokarna
- Stay at Gokarna Inspection Bungalow, visit the ancient temple and the beach
- Proceed to Udupi by Highway 66. You could stop at Murudeshwar to visit the Shiva statue and temple
- On the way, you could eat excellent homestyle seafood in Kundapura (as such all along this coast but we went to unassuming mess-like eateries in Kundapura that were amazing. They close in the afternoon so please keep a tab of time)
- You could choose to stay at this lovely place called Turtle Bay resort in Kundapura. Your daughter can have a good time since other families stay there. And you can actually see turtles on the beach, dolphins in the water and things like sea urchins if you take the boat ride to this island close by)
- Our group spent a night on the Kapu beach where there is a lighthouse. But of course you could find suitable accommodation in Udupi and visit the many wonderful beaches on this coast as suitable
- Have breakfast as Diana in Udupi...it's a popular old hotel.
- We headed back to Bangalore from there. This trip took us 4 days.
Hope the inputs help.

This sounds briliant. thank you for sharing this!