#RoadTrip #To #Hampi :A perfect long weekend away from Bangalore

Share your travel stories, stunning pictures and amazing videos.
kapilricky
Tourist Level 2
Reactions:

#RoadTrip #To #Hampi :A perfect long weekend away from Bangalore

Post by kapilricky » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:55 pm

If you are looking to find a #WeekendGateaway from Bangalore during next coming long weekends, Hampi is the perfect place :)
It's around 380 KM from Bangalore and a valid reason to plan a road trip with your friends or family. In Fact, i would mention the fact that road trip from Hampi can be done from Goa or Hyderabad too. let me share the recent experience during Bangalore to Hampi road trip which gives you a pointer to help you plan better.

How to go: You can follow either NH44 + Bellary road or Nh150A+ NH48, the approximate time drive is around 7 hours. Tough the second option is shorter in distance but poor roads make it difficult to drive, especially the last 150 KM stretch as a lot of bad patches and some narrow deserted roads. I would suggest taking the first option even though its 30Km more but it takes the same time. It also has some of beautiful landscape on the way.,

I would also suggest having a FASTAG for your 4-wheelers to avoid waiting time at the toll plazas, in case of motorbikes you will save around 150 Rs of Toll each side :)
20171216_144132.jpg
Where to stay:
The most important part of any vacation is choosing the right place to stay. This time I made the right decision by choosing Royal Orchid Central Keerti at Hampi.

In short, if I have to review this stay in few lines:
-Perfect location
next, to the railway station, Bus stand 5 mins, Hampi temples just 20 mins.
-Amenities like Family friendly swimming pool, Free parking, Free WIFI, Spa, Sauna etc (GYM was little under maintenance)
-Comfortable beds, almost all channels on TV, Toiletries in the bathroom.
-Yummy food at reasonable price
Buffet breakfast includes Choice of Dosa, Idli, Vada, Paratha, Sausage, Tea, Coffee, Fruits, juices etc
Ala carte lunch can be ordered in Veg/ Non Veg dishes (including room service)
Buffet dinner has lot of option for Veg/ Non-Veg too
Staff is very helping and polite
-Check in/Check out can be done around Noon.
-Facilities for arranging cabs/transportation for tours
GOPR4401.JPG
What to see:
There are so many amazing temples to visit in the Hampi, the good part is it's very close to each other but kind of confusing to start with.
I would suggest to start the visit with Vijay Vitthal temple and make sure you hire a Guide for knowing the details of the history behind the temple. The guide charge is around 350 INR and it usually takes 45 mins to 1-hour maximum.
GOPR4309.JPG
You can drive to the parking place till the temple, plenty of parking space with free of charge. You can walk to the temple which is around 1.1 KM from the parking or purchases the ticket for the battery operated vehicle which is 20 INR per person for a return trip. The motorized vehicle was banned as its pollution and vibrations were damaging the temple, which can be observed with the shattered glass sheets marked on the different rocks to prove the rocks have been moved from its original place.
GOPR4365.JPG
Once you are amazed by the facts and details of Vijaya Vittala temple, you can drive to other temples Virupaksha temple, Queen Bath, Hazara Rama Temple, Achyutaraya Temple, Royal Enclosure, Elephant Stables and Lotus Mahal. Most of the temples are very close to each other so you can drive and park your vehicle until the entry. There are no parking fees. As most of the temples are very old and destroyed over the time but still it has its old charm.
I hope you plan a visit to this amazing city soon and have a wonderful time.

yayawar
SMT Team
Reactions:

Re: #RoadTrip #To #Hampi :A perfect long weekend away from Bangalore

Post by yayawar » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:40 am

Well, at least for me, the time has come now to explore the coastal and southern part of India and Hampi is one place I indeed want to visit. From your video and description, I can surely say that it is beautiful place! Thanks for sharing. :)

Out of curiosity: I see your car parked near a monument - is that the parking area or are you allowed to take your car anywhere?

kapilricky
Tourist Level 2
Reactions:

Post by kapilricky » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:03 pm

thanks mate :)

This is not the parking, but its allowed to go till that point :)
yayawar wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:40 am
Well, at least for me, the time has come now to explore the coastal and southern part of India and Hampi is one place I indeed want to visit. From your video and description, I can surely say that it is beautiful place! Thanks for sharing. :)

Out of curiosity: I see your car parked near a monument - is that the parking area or are you allowed to take your car anywhere?

kushal.kumar.uppal
Tourist Level 2
Reactions:

Post by kushal.kumar.uppal » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:15 pm

Cool. Have been wanting to visit Hampi. How many days was your trip for? Any suggestions if I were to go there for a weekend i.e 2 days(starting return journey on the 2nd day)? Doable?

kapilricky
Tourist Level 2
Reactions:

Post by kapilricky » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:45 pm

I am assuming you meant Bangalore-Hampi in 2 days?

It takes around 6-7 hours as roads were not that good few months back, it was under construction.
You can cover in 2 days, but it will be hectic :)

For e.g reach Hampi by lunch time on the first day and relax, maybe second day you can watch all the temples early morning.
It needs minimum half day, so you can probably finish by 2-3PM so that you can reach Blr by 9-10 PM :)
kushal.kumar.uppal wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:15 pm
Cool. Have been wanting to visit Hampi. How many days was your trip for? Any suggestions if I were to go there for a weekend i.e 2 days(starting return journey on the 2nd day)? Doable?

kushal.kumar.uppal
Tourist Level 2
Reactions:

Post by kushal.kumar.uppal » Thu May 17, 2018 11:32 am

Thanks for the info @kapilricky. I may have to to look for a long weekend then and make it a 3-4 day trip. Seems too much to cram in 2 days.

kapilricky
Tourist Level 2
Reactions:

Post by kapilricky » Fri May 18, 2018 8:11 pm

Yeah, you need atleast 2 night stay in Hampi to witness the charm of old temples :)

partywithneha
Tourist Level 1
Reactions:

Post by partywithneha » Wed May 23, 2018 2:02 pm

Wow Kapil! Loved your post. Hampi is absolutely mesmerizing and I cannot wait to go back. I have heard the cafe side of the town has been shut down. Do you have any news on that?

kapilricky
Tourist Level 2
Reactions:

Post by kapilricky » Wed May 23, 2018 10:12 pm

I am sorry dear, no clue about it :(
partywithneha wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 2:02 pm
Wow Kapil! Loved your post. Hampi is absolutely mesmerizing and I cannot wait to go back. I have heard the cafe side of the town has been shut down. Do you have any news on that?

ruchika.tuli1
Reactions:

Post by ruchika.tuli1 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:45 am

Lovely video Kapil! @kapilricky

We had been to Hampi in 2014, and would love to do it again by self drive. Both my husband and I have been planning a south India tour again; and we plan to drive our Duster all the way from Ludhiana. Will connect with you when I need more help and plans get firmed up. Right now the focus is on our Shirdi trip!