road trip from Kolkata to Warangal

uttam.bhattacharjee
Reactions:

road trip from Kolkata to Warangal

Post by uttam.bhattacharjee » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:39 pm

Hi

I am planning a road trip from Kolkata to Shillong. Can you please suggest the ideal route I can take. I tried using the road trip planner on the website but unable to get to use it. Are there any resources I can refer to help me plan this better?

Uttam

dpakananth
SMT Team
Reactions:

Re: road trip from Kolkata to Warangal

Post by dpakananth » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:27 am

Hi Uttam,
the platform is pretty easy to use. Please check the following tutorials to kickstart the journey.
http://scoutmytrip.com/blog/using-scoutmytrip-tutorial/

The kolkata to Shillong road is a lovely route to take. Not the easiest, the road conditions when i did this a couple of years ago was pathetic, Esp near the siliguri area, but the route is scenic.
You will pass through the tea estates of Darjeeling and that's always beautiful. I had taken a slightly longer road through purnea because the road conditions are better, That's the Banka, purnea, kishanganj siliguri road. The other option is the Malda road, but I hear the roads are in very bad state.
from Siliguri its a straight ride to Guwahati via bongaigaon and then to Shillong.
do let us know in case you find any issues planning this on the platform and i would be happy to help!

happy scouting
deepak