its my hometown -@srikakulam

Found something on your trip that you want others to experience too? Bring it on here!
sai.vineeth
Reactions:

its my hometown -@srikakulam

Post by sai.vineeth » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:30 pm

At first i wanna say about my city....better it is not a city but a town....geographically it is the starting point of andhrapradesh if you start from north!! The well known locations near to it are Visakhapatnam (100km) & Bhubaneswar(325km).. it is Highway NH16 connects us with other major cities....

coming to our town, i wont say it is a travel destiny in terms of nature but we have some important religous places one shouldnt miss..... temple for the god Sun, Suryanayana swamy temple in arasavelli. There are very few temples in india for him, and ours is dated to be the oldest around 7th century... one speciality in the construction of temple is, sun ray will fall on the main idol which is inside the temple( you can also find in the internet)....

and one more temple, dedicates to Koormavatara(tortoise) of Lord vishnu, the only temple in that form of vishnu in entire world!!!

we have 3-4 seashores which are around 10-20km from the center of the town....some other attractions are, some serbian birds migrate to our district in winter for 1-2mnths.

people who are planning any religious trips, in our belt from vishakapatnam to bhubaneswar, dont miss our srikakulam... i will share one more plan who want to have religious trip, covering these 3 places u will defintely enjoy.
I'll be always availble u to assist if u visit our town!!! in my next diary i'm going to share my memories in vishakapatnam from where i had my undergraduation.

yayawar
SMT Team
Reactions:

Re: its my hometown -@srikakulam

Post by yayawar » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:33 pm

Koormavatar temple - interesting! Adding to my bucket list. Thanks for the information. :)