Can you suggest some hill station getaways from Mumbai?

ravi.thakur
Tourist Level 1
Reactions:

Can you suggest some hill station getaways from Mumbai?

Post by ravi.thakur » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:56 pm

My family and I are traveling to Mumbai in the coming week from Delhi. We have 4 extra days when we can take my cousin's car and head out somewhere. It's kind of warm now and thought maybe a hill station in the Western Ghats would be a good idea.

Can someone help me with some idea and potential routes and plans?

TIA

Ravi

dpakananth
SMT Team
Reactions:

Re: Can you suggest some hill station getaways from Mumbai?

Post by dpakananth » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:00 pm

Hi ravi,

The obvious 2-3 places that i can suggest are as follows -
Matheran - very close to Mumbai - Very quaint town, you will need to park the vehicle at the common parking place and then take a hike to the hotel that you plan to book. no vehicles in the town.
Khandala - Just before lonavala and generally a go to place for most puneites or mumbaikars. Good cool climate and a view to kill for of the western ghats are the advantages here.
Mahabaleshwar - A slightly longer journey ( good ghats and a road trip of around 6 hours) , mahabaleshwar is a good place to go. Famous for its views , vistas and the mapro garden for some yummy icecreams and strawberry shakes, mahabaleshwar is the quintessential mountain getaway of the movies. small curvy lanes add to the beauty of the place.

each of these places have detailed routes on the ScoutMyTrip platform. Just search for the place or search for a trip on the website and you can find it easily.

royalenfielder
SMT Team
Reactions:

Re: Can you suggest some hill station getaways from Mumbai?

Post by royalenfielder » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:22 pm

hey @ravi.thakur ,

Check this trip, I had made a while back for the road trip to Mahabaleshwar.

https://scoutmytrip.com/7/mahabaleshwar ... ay-4-hours