Road trip from Mumbai - Aurangabad - Shirdi and back

roadmatix
SMT Team
Reactions:

Road trip from Mumbai - Aurangabad - Shirdi and back

Post by roadmatix » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:45 pm

Woof!

I found this thread on the Road trip India FB group today and might interest others too! Jitin Gopal from Mumbai asked this question

Going for a road trip to Aurangabad,shridi and back to Mumbai for 6days,how's the road and good places to see and eat.?

royalenfielder
SMT Team
Reactions:

Re: Road trip from Mumbai - Aurangabad - Shirdi and back

Post by royalenfielder » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:48 pm

Thanks @roadmatix

Hi Jitin, This is going to be a good trip and I am glad you selected these centers. Here is your recommended itinerary:

1. Mumbai - Aurangabad
2. Aurangabad
3. Aurangabad
4. Shirdi
5. Shirdi - Shani Shingnapur
6. Shirdi - Mumbai

Here are the things I recommended you do on this trip,

Aurangabad and around: Bibi ka Maqbara, Ajanta Caves (Day trip), Ellora Caves (Day Trip),

Shirdi and around: Main shrine, Shani Shingnapur

Return Journey: Just head back home ASAP, without detours. Everyone must also be tired.

Please check this map I have made for you which has all the places of interest which you can visit. The itinerary is day wise.
Mumbai - Aurangabad - Shirdi - Mumbai Road Trip

Here is the day wise itinerary, please export this (will come to you as a PDF) and use that as a handy guide when you are on the road. https://scoutmytrip.com/trip/detail/export?id=1378

sudeepbagaria
Reactions:

Post by sudeepbagaria » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:24 pm

Guys, I did this trip in June 2012. We were 2 couples and 2 kids in a Wagon R.
We started from Thane at 3 AM and proceeded to Trimbakeshwar. Had Darshan at Trimbakeshwar and proceeded to Sula Vineyard. Learnt a bit about wine making and tasting. Then we had breakfast in Nashik and continued our journey to Shirdi. Had Darshan and proceeded to Shani Shignapur. Left Shignapur to reach Aurangabad by 11.00 PM.
Had planned to book Aurangabad Hotel enroute but mobile data coverage wasn't strong enough. So we started looking for hotels and got an expensive place to stay by midnight.
Aurangabad was usual 3 days itinerary and we had Darshan of a few Ganesh temples, part of Ashtvinayak and Mini Tirupati temple while returning.
Benefits of traveling by own transport enables us to visit lots of places enroute.
And yes, I've been using a Mapmyindia GPS all these years and updated the maps two years back before my Leh trip.

simon.dcunha
Tourist Level 1
Reactions:

Post by simon.dcunha » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:01 pm

Thats quite a trip @sudeepbagaria. We've been planning a Maharashtra road trip ourselves, and I'll ping you when that happens. Mostly in December; when the weather will be more pleasant and cooler.

Have you tried Garmin in India, or know anyone who has?

sudeepbagaria
Reactions:

Post by sudeepbagaria » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:46 pm

I've not met anyone using Garmin or Tom Tom. Most travellers use mobiles and I've seen very few using mapmyindia but didn't get a chance to get their feedback

simon.dcunha
Tourist Level 1
Reactions:

Post by simon.dcunha » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:17 pm

Have you tried using the offline maps of Sygic? Have used them in my trip to Himachal recently and it worked well for the most of the time. It did re-route once or twice